The LinkedIn Peer Pressure
Ever felt that 'LinkedIn Peer Pressure'?
LinkedIn being the platform closest to one's professional outlook and career journey, many feel obligated to exhibit a certain kind of behavior. Even more so in locked down times.
- Humbled award posts (don't hunt down one from my posts, OK!)
- Customary thanking the organisation and HR that accepted you for internship
- Thanking anyone and everyone
- Celebrating every small win as a crusade won
- Passive aggression on posts irrelevant to LinkedIn
- Trying to get recognition by posting unrelated stuff in comments in a post of an eminent personality
- Rants like this one?
- Open ended CTAs like thoughts?
Almost everything is important. Everything that is right is a cause for celebration.
Everything that is wrong is worth the ridicule.